President Obama has shared some of the books that helped him survive his years in office. In a revealing interview with the New York Times, he said that these books helped him to keep perspective, and to remain close to his principles in times when loftiness was potentially overwhelming.
- Colson Whitehead’s The Underground Railroad
- Liu Cixin’s The Three-Body Problem
- V S Naipaul’s A Bend in the River
- Daniel Kahneman’s Thinking, Fast and Slow
- Elizabeth Kolbert’s The Sixth Extinction
Obama said that the writing of Marilynne Robinson‘s novels helped him to stay connected to the small-town values of hard work and humility.