Ebook Course Management (ECM) gives you a quick and simple way to distribute ebooks to course participants. Students can redeem, access, and use ebooks with ease, while making use of standard study tools.
While originally designed for academic institutions like universities, colleges and international schools, the service is also well-suited to corporate training, online courses, and in-house professional development programs.
Megan Pearse, Associate Director, Executive Education Online Courses at Stanford University has been using the evolving system for a year. Megan said, “Ebooks.com has been a fantastic partner, building out an easy-to-use platform for us to distribute books to hundreds of our students each academic term. Not only is the interface user-friendly, but the redemption process for students is streamlined and gets ebooks into their hands quickly and efficiently.
“We run a program that enrolls 1,000+ students per year, from 65 countries, so the ability to utilize a single platform to distribute books to students is invaluable. Not to mention Ebooks.com’s phenomenal customer service, responsiveness to our questions and concerns, and willingness to go above and beyond what one might expect in a professional partnership makes working with them a dream.”
Not only is the interface user-friendly, but the redemption process for students is streamlined and gets ebooks into their hands quickly and efficiently.Megan Pearse, Associate Director, Executive Education Online Courses at Stanford University
Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, the demand for remote and online learning was already increasing. Now with school and university shut-downs a reality, the ability for students to study remotely has become mandatory.
In the last year, hundreds of schools and organizations asked if we can supply ebooks in bulk for their classes. We have always enabled customers to purchase ebooks in bulk, but instructors faced several issues:
- They had to manage emailing the voucher codes to students
- Each voucher code is for only one title
- Instructors are often left with unused vouchers, due to participants dropping out or never accessing the content
…so we developed ECM to directly address these problems, with the following benefits:
- Allow students to access content with just their email address or a unique fulfillment URL (no voucher codes)
- Access to the entire eBooks.com catalog
- Multiple administrators or teachers per course
- Multiple groups per course, allowing you to split students into cohorts
- Multiple levels of authorized access to the system
- Students own their ebooks forever
We want to keep pricing as simple and transparent as possible. You will be charged for each book as soon as a participant in your course accesses their ebook for the first time. So, in fact, you’re buying the ebook on behalf of your participant when they first access it. You will be invoiced monthly and can see live data about the number of students that have accessed their ebooks through our interface.
What does it look like?
This video below demonstrates what the system looks like for a new organization, creatively named “Sample University”. It demonstrates giving students access to a couple of ebooks in less than a minute by performing the following steps:
- Log in to the Ebook Course Management interface and create a new course called “Business 101”.
- Create a new group of students and named “Fall 2021”.
- Add 2 ebooks to the group.
- Upload a spreadsheet of email addresses of students in the class.
- Once confirmed, our system will notify the students and they now have access to their ebooks.
That’s where the access restrictions come into play:
– You can limit access to people navigating from a specific page: for example, the course resources page on your LMS.
– Each redemption link can only be utilised by a set number of students.
– You can regenerate the redemption link used for accessing your course content at any time.
Up to five. This includes computers, ebook reading devices, and mobile devices like phones and tablets, and apps. If you access ebooks.com ebooks on two apps on the same device (like your mobile phone), this will count as two devices.
We can integrate with your LMS if you’re using Canvas or Moodle for a once-off cost. Please contact us if you’re interested.
If you’re running a course that uses ebooks, register your interest and we will be in touch within 2 business days to determine whether you’re eligible.