- Publishers can now send an unlimited number of DRM protected ebook samples to authors, colleagues, booksellers, etc.
- This is a free service for publishers from eBooks.com
At the request of some of our favourite publishers, we’ve released Ebook Freebies. It’s a simple interface that lets you send a free ebook to its author. Or you can send a batch of freebies to people on your mailing list. You can send thousands, nay, millions of these little guys and we won’t charge you anything.
Use this for…
Use this tool when you’re distributing freebies for promotional or charitable purposes. But if you want to sell a batch of ebooks or bundle them, use the Class Sets service instead.
How it works
Log in to eBooks.com’s Publisher Hub and, under Marketing Tools, select Send freebies.
- Select the title(s),
- select the quantitiy, and
- click Submit
The system will do the rest.
You should try it out. The service is completely free, and ready to use now.
How is this different from our other services, like Digital Comps and Class Sets?
- Freebies: There’s no charge for the Freebies service. It’s not a white label service; in effect, you’re sending the recipient of a freebie to eBooks.com for fulfilment. Use this Freebies tool if you want to give ebooks to recipients.
- Class Sets is what you use to sell batches of ebooks to an institution, instructor or company. It’s not a white label service; recipients are sent to eBooks.com for fulfilment. We’ll bill you US $3.00 per item.
- Digital Comps is an enterprise level service that helps you to drive the adoption of course texts, or encourage reviews of your books. Its strongest feature is in tracking and follow-up. You can send complimentary e-copies to instructors or reviewers, track their usage and nudge recipients to adopt or review your title. It’s a white label service, meaning that the whole user interface carries your company’s branding, colours and messaging.
If your company already does business with eBooks.com, that means we already have your files and metadata, so the technical work is all done. You’re ready to roll.
Just contact us and we’ll send you login credentials so you can get started straight away.