As educators around the world scramble to cope with the new reality of lock-downs and social distancing, a useful resource has come to the rescue. Corwin’s Distance Learning Playbook ebook has sky-rocketed to the top of our Education category.
School districts and colleges have been scooping up batches of this critical resource and sharing it with teaching staff and administrators.
Harnessing the insights and experience of renowned educators Douglas Fisher, Nancy Frey, and John Hattie, The Distance Learning Playbook applies the wisdom and evidence of VISIBLE LEARNING® research to understand what works best with distance learning. Spanning topics from teacher-student relationships, teacher credibility and clarity, instructional design, assessments, and grading, this comprehensive playbook details the research- and evidence-based strategies teachers can mobilize to deliver high- impact learning in an online, virtual, and distributed environment.
This powerful guide includes:
· Learning Intentions and Success Criteria for each module to track your own learning and model evidence-based teacher practices for meaningful learning
· A diversity of instructional approaches, including direct instruction, peer learning, and independent work that foster student self-regulation and move learning to deep and transfer levels
· Discussion of equity challenges associated with distance learning, along with examples of how teachers can work to ensure that equity gains that have been realized are not lost.
· Special guidance for teachers of young children who are learning from a distance
· Videos of the authors and teachers discussing a wide variety of distance learning topics
· Space to write and reflect on current practices and plan future instruction
The Distance Learning Playbook is the essential hands-on guide to preparing and delivering distance learning experiences that are truly effective and impactful.